Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your opinion on matching your bike to your gear and clothes?

What is "just right" vs. over-the-top matchy matchy?

IMO, what still looks good and isn't too much is the bike matching helmet/gloves/shoes, with neutral (or black) shirt/shorts.

I've also seen others who match bike to shorts and gloves, while leaving helmet and shirt neutral or black.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll have to agree with you. Too much matching makes one look like a Power Ranger. Ninja Turtle is acceptable. I once bought red shorts with a red/white helmet and matching jersey and gloves, only because that was readily available, as my third change of apparel. Only time I was ever accused of wearing a "kit". Currently satin black helmet, black or dark blue jersey, black or charcoal shorts, gloves and socks matching to jerseys only. Of course my current steeds are satin black and dark metallic grey but I'm feeling like a man again!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I wear randomly chosen casual biking apparel that may or may not be in the same color palette.

If my wife ever says "nice outfit!" I have failed at this task.

If she snickers when I walk in the door, job done.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,721 Posts
I thought you got rid of that crusty ol' pale pink bike with the bent tubes, Finchy.
=sParty
You do know it bends as it gets older, right?

(This post is apostrophe-free.)

·
Always in the wrong gear
2,843 Posts
I try to put together a decent looking combo of shorts and shirt, and if possible, socks and gloves, but I’m not over analyzing it.

Some days it’s black shorts/grey shirt, some days it’s as bright as I can get away with.

I couldn’t care less if my clothes match my bike, my favorite pair of shorts are bright lava red, and I wear them frequently while riding the above pictured bike.

I care even less on my singlespeed. Everything looks good with titanium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Depends on my mood. Sometimes wild clothes are fun and sometimes I like mellow stuff. I dont like moto style gear. I like funky unique stuff. Matching the bike is fun sometimes. Sometimes I buy a sweet matching funky shirt for my friends. They like the gifts.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I just buy and wear black shorts. Every color top goes well with black shorts. Socks I wear funky colors to add a bit of pizzazz.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm definitely not thinking about color combinations when purchasing clothes for riding and even more so to match them to the bike.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
I make sure my shirt and pants look good together. Nothing wrong with trying to not look like a slob. I’ve never tried to match my clothes to the bike though.

·
On wuss patrol
5,048 Posts
I think Jerry Rice said it best, "Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good."

From gloves to socks, I coordinate my fit to achieve a cohesive look each time out. Sometimes flashy, sometimes subtle, but always sharp. There is no honor in dressing like a schlub. It screams fear of failure.
Sometimes, it’s better to look good than to feel good. And darling, you look marvelous.

·
beater
5,932 Posts
I wouldn’t say I match my bike, but it’s not too far off, either. Both my clothes and my bike fall into my preferred color palette of black, blues, and greys. Until hunting season, then I’m wearing a lot of orange.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts