Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering these wheels for a new lightweight XC build and am looking feedback from anyone who has them or has ridden them. What is the ride quality like? How easy is it to change hubs later down the track (as they seem to be integrated into the wheels)?

The design is quite polarising but I find them appealing. I also like the fact you don't need any rim tape to run them tubeless, and that they'll never need truing.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I agree they look super dope. I don't know anything more about them other than a vague memory that a commenter on PinkBIke mentioned they rode pretty harsh. You might try doing searches over there and see if you can pick anything up, but it was probably on an article about some total other wheelset. You could also try contacting Dangerholm through his Instagram maybe, as he has used them in several of his builds that he is famous for. Although, you may not get an honest opinion as he strikes me as a glass half full kind of guy especially on what was possibly a sponsored product.

That's all I got, slightly more than nothing. The only reason I brought up the harsh comment at all is just looking at them you'd have to imagine they would have nowhere near the compliance of a spoked wheel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree they look super dope. I don't know anything more about them other than a vague memory that a commenter on PinkBIke mentioned they rode pretty harsh. You might try doing searches over there and see if you can pick anything up, but it was probably on an article about some total other wheelset. You could also try contacting Dangerholm through his Instagram maybe, as he has used them in several of his builds that he is famous for. Although, you may not get an honest opinion as he strikes me as a glass half full kind of guy especially on what was possibly a sponsored product.

That's all I got, slightly more than nothing. The only reason I brought up the harsh comment at all is just looking at them you'd have to imagine they would have nowhere near the compliance of a spoked wheel.
Yeah the harsh ride/zero compliance is my primary concern, followed by the upgradeability of the hubs in coming years. I guess you could always ride slightly wider tires at a lower pressure for a bit more give, but then you increase RR depending on how wide you go. I'll give PB a look for more info. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.