Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the shock measurements from the stock shock on an '04 Bighit Comp? '03 Bighit DH? Im about to order a DHX 5.0, and I need this to order. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
The '04 Comp's shock measurements are 8.75 i2i and 2.50 stroke, as for the '03 DH is 8.75 i2i and 2.75 stroke (I think), I'me certain about the size of the comp's though.
You cant fit a DHX 5 on a Comp however due to clearance issues, same thing with an Avy, 5th, Romic, and Stratos El Jefe, the best shock that will fit on a Bighit Comp is unfortunately Swinger 4 way. The DH on the other hand will fit all of those, some you may have to point the piggyback downwards and towards the back of your bike or use a remote resovoir.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a vanilla rc with the remote res. on there now, its from an '03 Bighit DH, I just want to replace it with the DHX, so I need the same measurements.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
rcmay said:
I have a vanilla rc with the remote res. on there now, its from an '03 Bighit DH, I just want to replace it with the DHX, so I need the same measurements.
03 Big Hit DH stock shock, 8.75 x 2.75, giving 8.1 of travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts