Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Fox787 said:
i see and when do those come out ??? lol
late 2008 ;).......

Do you want a 9 pound fork? get a 2002 monster......
12 pound fork? 2003 monster or newer...
7-8 pound fork? 888....Shiver

·
Registered
290 Posts
02 Big HIT + 04 Monster = FUN

I have a 2002 Big Hit with the big link upgrade and a 2004 Monster T. I absolutely love it. Everytime I think about getting something lighter I go for a ride and my mind is set at ease again. If 12lbs is too heavy then do some pushups and get stonger. I have no regrets that my forks weight 12lbs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Bodhi3 said:
I have a 2002 Big Hit with the big link upgrade and a 2004 Monster T. I absolutely love it. Everytime I think about getting something lighter I go for a ride and my mind is set at ease again. If 12lbs is too heavy then do some pushups and get stonger. I have no regrets that my forks weight 12lbs.
yah, im also 80% of the people on this board are strong enough to lift up a 12 pound fork no problem. its just the fact a lighter fork is better for racing because u go faster. Better for freeriding because u can throw it around easier and what not. pedaling around is easier. my friend has a 2003 monster t2 thats 12 pounds, yeah, he can pedals it around fine, he can bust it out on drops, but a lighter fork is better for everything, you cant loose with going to a lighter fork, just win. you may have no regrets its 12 pounds, but i bet if u had a lighter fork you would think ur monster was unnesisary weight.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Bodhi3 said:
I used to have a similar setup, had a 02 Comp (with biglink) and an 03 Monster T. I definitely loved it. While now (I'm a bit of a wanna-be racer johnny :p ;) ) I'd probably not get another one, I definitely enjoyed having it. The 03+ Monster forks with the ShiverMX cartridges feel completely unique to any other fork I've ever ridden. It was just about the plushest fork I've ever had and felt bottomless. :cool:

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
KevinM[Freerider] said:
yah, im also 80% of the people on this board are strong enough to lift up a 12 pound fork no problem. its just the fact a lighter fork is better for racing because u go faster. Better for freeriding because u can throw it around easier and what not. pedaling around is easier. my friend has a 2003 monster t2 thats 12 pounds, yeah, he can pedals it around fine, he can bust it out on drops, but a lighter fork is better for everything, you cant loose with going to a lighter fork, just win. you may have no regrets its 12 pounds, but i bet if u had a lighter fork you would think ur monster was unnesisary weight.
Trust me, if you spend regular time on an actual 03+ Monster T (not the T2) then you'd know why people love the way they ride. While for racing and such it does suck, for a freeride bike that's mostly being used for bighits and having fun it's amazing. It just takes a bit to get used to it but afterwards it's awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.