Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am trying to find the biggest 2.6 (or plus tires) that I can fit on a 2019 Stumpjumper. I have gotten some great feedback on a similar thread on the 26, 27.5 29+ Forum, and wanted to ask you all here who may not venture over to the Plus Size forum; What are the biggest tires that any of you have been able to fit on this bike? It is a '19 SJ Expert with the stock, Roval carbon, 30mm id wheels.

I would ideally just pick a tire by the stated size, but manufacturers claimed tire dimensions seem to be only loosely based in reality. The stock 2.6 Butcher for example measures to an actual of 2.35", The Terrene McFly 2.8 fits from images I've seen posted so far, and i know the Cake Eater's knobs are only 1.5 mm taller. So they're both options. or maybe a Bontrager XR or SE4 rear with a 29x3 DHF on front? I'm riding all mountain trails in New England so the terrain and trail conditions are all over the place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bontrager xr4 2.6 on my bike are a true 2.6 fwiw
Thx! its nice when a tire is true to size. it makes it SO much easier. For the rear the XR4 is at the top of the list along with the Cake Eater which i think might get closer to an actual 2.7 and still fit at the seat-stay brace. For the front, is anyone running a 29x3.0, and what are your favorites?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.