Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had the skills to ride Plattekill with a 700x23c slick, but I rely "heavily" on the 2.8 Michelin Comp 32. I'm looking for a new double crown 7 inch fork, and wondered if I get the Boxxer, will the 2.8 Michelin fit? BTW, I found that the Intense 909 in a 2.7 size is, at the outside tread width, about the same size as the comp 32 (but waayyy heavier). Thanks - Kelly

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
it'll fit, but you have to be carefull of the vertical clearance, an excessively long headtube might make it too short vertically, but if your headtube is "normal" it will work fine.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My Intense 909's clear it pretty well, no signs of rubbing. They are heavy, but the sidewalls are MUCH stiffer than the Michelins, and im pretty sure you cant run tubed Michelins at 16psi without getting a flat :D Its just hard to get the Intense's on, but even with no air in them, they feel like they are at like 20psi.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info

Now I only need to decide between the Boxxer Team & SuperT.

BTW, re: the Intense 909, they indeed are really hard to get on & off - make me take a trip to the local Honda dealer to get some 11 inch metal tire irons. I've only tried the Michy, Nokian Jr's and the Intense, and the Intense are by far the toughest to get on. I agree they can be run at really low pressures, but I'm still liking the Michy at around 22 psi. Also the Intense wear so fast it is incredible - 2 days at P-kill last year and they've worn more than the Michelins have all season. Anyway, I appreciate the quick and informative responses - Kelly

·
Registered
524 Posts
When they say "for race only" they really do mean it. I was going to get a Michy, but I decided to go with Intense, ill probably pick up two Michelins for backups though. Have you tried the Comp16s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts