Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fox 32 F120 fitted to a 650b flow rim running 2.25 Schwalbe Racing Ralph tire. Anyone know the biggest 650b tire I could possibly fit on there like a 2.3 or 2.4? :confused:

Current clearance:

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK maybe this was too specific of a question. :skep:

Can someone link me to slightly bigger 650b tire alternatives to these Ra Ra's then?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
second what ^^he^^ said about the neo's, however on my wife's bike with the same fork and a 2.35 kenda @ 25psi, there is tire to crown contact (albeit slight, it does touch) at full (no-air in the fork) compression. now, fox forks aren't known for being able to realistically use those last mm's of travel, but i wouldn't risk it....

·
derp
948 Posts
Neo 2.1 is same size but more grip Neo 2.3 and Kenda 2.3 will both fit.
I thought that the Neo 2.3 had the same size/volume as the RaRa ? If the 2.1 Neo has the same size, how does the 2.3 Neo compare to the RaRa ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
^^let all your air out and take another pic^^

My wife's trance with same fork and 2.35 nevegal (which is a bigger tire than the 2.3 neo) cleared the bridge just fine too, but if you let all the air out and roll it you hear and feel it rub the crown/steer-stanchion interface.

Again, like I said fox forks are known for their bottom out resistance, so it's a lot less likely to be an issue, but still the potential is there

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm running a Wolverine on my F100 Terralogic. The Wolverine is larger than the Racing Ralph (I have both). It is similarly sized to the 2.35 Nevegal pictured above. It most definitely rubs the crown loudly when riding. The Terralogic uses all of its travel much more easily than an RLC, though.

·
derp
948 Posts
Maybe shim the fork ? I believe it's possible to shim the Fox fork and thus not allow to use the last few mm's, i'm considering to do this on my Talas as i have more 3 or 4mm extra of travel when extended and i don't mind losing 5mm more if that means riding safely with bigger tires.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Add some more oil above the air piston. Sure way to stop a Fox fork short. If you wanted to keep it more linear I think you could also double up on the existing bottom out bumper .

·
The White Jeff W
5,684 Posts
^^let all your air out and take another pic^^

My wife's trance with same fork and 2.35 nevegal (which is a bigger tire than the 2.3 neo) cleared the bridge just fine too, but if you let all the air out and roll it you hear and feel it rub the crown/steer-stanchion interface.

Again, like I said fox forks are known for their bottom out resistance, so it's a lot less likely to be an issue, but still the potential is there

Double zip ties on both stanchions :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Ive used

the 2.35 nev, 2.3 neo and 2.2 WTB wolverine mounted on a blunt up front with no problems. 150 TALAS 15mm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts