Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Liquid 25. What is the biggest tire I can run?

I'm wanting some Maxxis Hookworms for the street, but they are 2.5 wide. Not sure if thats to wide or not. Ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm using...

OSU-Truck said:
I have an 04 Liquid 25. What is the biggest tire I can run?

I'm wanting some Maxxis Hookworms for the street, but they are 2.5 wide. Not sure if thats to wide or not. Ideas?
I'm running IRC TrailBears 2.5 on front and 2.25 on back. More than enough clearance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tires

OSU-Truck said:
You can have as big a tires as you want on the front (assuming you have the Minute) and on the back you have 3.25 inches of space to deal with. I run a 2.2 Michellin which is actually 2.4 inches across.........lots more space left too. I have a 2.35 Maxxis in the front and like I said you can have a three inch tire up there with no sweat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also...

Stickymicky said:
You can have as big a tires as you want on the front (assuming you have the Minute) and on the back you have 3.25 inches of space to deal with. I run a 2.2 Michellin which is actually 2.4 inches across.........lots more space left too. I have a 2.35 Maxxis in the front and like I said you can have a three inch tire up there with no sweat.
I don't have the Minute, I have the Black. It sounds like the clearance is about the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts