Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to find out the biggest tyre the Moment will take.

In the summer it'll be getting a pounding for a week in the Alps and i want the fattest rubber that i can use, UST or not.

I was looking at the Maxxis Minion DH, probably a 2.7 on the front and 2.5/2.7 rear but i seriously doubt the rear will take a 2.7, can anyone confirm or add their own experience.

·
Registered
727 Posts
SSINGA said:
A 2.5 maxxis will clear - a 2.5 Kenda will not. (based on my 2004 moment - not sure if the 2006 will be any different)
The 2006 gets the asymmetrical stays which are supposedly more tire clearance. I remember Lidarman got one for his id and although the clearance was improved it wasn't that big of a difference.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Yeah, but I think he noted something about the stay length being short. They were wide enough for bigger tires, but because he put them on an Id, instead of an Epiphany or Moment, he couldn't get a true picture of how much tire they could really accept, if I remember correctly.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
ahimanic said:
The 2006 gets the asymmetrical stays which are supposedly more tire clearance. I remember Lidarman got one for his id and although the clearance was improved it wasn't that big of a difference.
To clarify, The stay was worse on my id due to shorter dropout bracket compared to Moment. But the monent has a lot of space with new stay. The even newer asym stay, which will go into production, should have a whole lot of clearance on a moment--similiar to a Turner.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lidarman said:
To clarify, The stay was worse on my id due to shorter dropout bracket compared to Moment. But the monent has a lot of space with new stay. The even newer asym stay, which will go into production, should have a whole lot of clearance on a moment--similiar to a Turner.
It's a shame i've got the "old" chainstay in that case, i'll have to see if i can crack it before the 2yr. warranty is up ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.