Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watching this years first episode. Big football player lost 32 pounds in a week. Figuring 3500 calories per pound and divided by 7 days in the week, and this guy was pulling a 16,000 calorie deficit per day! Hard to imagine that you could do that and stay conscious.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What was his weight before and after? Safe to say most of that was water weight. My guess is that he removed carbs. When you do that, you severely hinder your body's ability to store water.

Also, the more obese a person is, the easier it is for them to lose weight right away but it tapers off. When I've trained people who are trying to lose tons of weight, my biggest challenge is keeping them motivated even though the amount of weight they lose begins to decrease at an increasing rate.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
Just watching this years first episode. Big football player lost 32 pounds in a week. Figuring 3500 calories per pound and divided by 7 days in the week, and this guy was pulling a 16,000 calorie deficit per day! Hard to imagine that you could do that and stay conscious.
It a game you don't think they pumped some water in before the first weigh in???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.