Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, i just got my azonic steelhead w/ my marzocchi z1 drop off II. i wish i had a fs bike :( This bi*ch is heavy. It's a ss. Does everyone go through this? i sort of went through it on my last bike, but not the first night i had it.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
I often times have buyers remorse for a week or two after I get something bike related(ie, 03 monster to on bighit, seling bighit for v-10), but all in all its just change I mean once you get used to it you love it and completely think that you made the right decision. Want more info about bike whores or buyer remorse information contact Snowskilz.:p;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,261 Posts
yeah, buyers remorse is a real *****. So far two 823 rims which i didnt need (replaced a 521/321 combo tubless setup), and just ordered a Fox DHX this monday.

anyone wanna buy a 50W Marshall guitar amp, which i regret buying a few years ago?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
zedro said:
yeah, buyers remorse is a real *****. So far two 823 rims which i didnt need (replaced a 521/321 combo tubless setup), and just ordered a Fox DHX this monday.

anyone wanna buy a 50W Marshall guitar amp, which i regret buying a few years ago?
is it a tube amp? lol if its a tube and ur not joking, im interested
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Zedro, post the amp on Pinkbike and trade it for parts, there's always pinkbike groms lookin for some gnarcore rock gear. How do you think I got my monster t? I traded an Austin bass, 15watt Fender amp, and a 03 Boxxer Race for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
just go out and start ripping up trails and citys and it will go away.i also have to sell my dean bass with a create amp :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,261 Posts
bansheebikeman said:
is it a tube amp? lol if its a tube and ur not joking, im interested
heh, i wish, and you're dreaming;)

its just your basic starter amp, G50R-CD...loud and no frills....crunchy crunchy

my buddy (well, sort of) picked up a Fender tube amp for stupid cheap, the seller didnt know what he had; mixed with my hollow body Danelectro (crap!) it sounded like musical butter...just unreal.

never really got into electric guitar. I'm a rythym guy so its no fun when theres no one to jam with and progress, so i've mainly stuck to my accoustic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,261 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Zedro, post the amp on Pinkbike and trade it for parts, there's always pinkbike groms lookin for some gnarcore rock gear. How do you think I got my monster t? I traded an Austin bass, 15watt Fender amp, and a 03 Boxxer Race for it.
geez, i dont need more stuff, i need to replace cash that should of never been spent!
 

·
____________
Joined
·
872 Posts
The only time you need to start worrying is when you have to start renting a storage unit to "hide" your collection of steel, carbon, ti, aluminum, full suspenion, front suspension, single speed, dirt jump, xc, freeride, road, mountain, and BMX bikes. I'm going a little over the top- but I did know a guy that had over 35 bikes that he never rode. He did have a seperate storage unit, and he also would hide one or two in his car. The most interesting part was he barely rode. He was a true "bike sl#t."

On second thought don't ever worry about it! The bike industry needs more like him- so step it up. Buy more bike related gear. Forget about buyers remorse. New gear makes for a better rider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,261 Posts
Roaming Oregon said:
The only time you need to start worrying is when you have to start renting a storage unit to "hide" your collection of steel, carbon, ti, aluminum, full suspenion, front suspension, single speed, dirt jump, xc, freeride, road, mountain, and BMX bikes. I'm going a little over the top- but I did know a guy that had over 35 bikes that he never rode. He did have a seperate storage unit, and he also would hide one or two in his car. The most interesting part was he barely rode. He was a true "bike sl#t."
i believe the word would be 'collector'. If i had expendable cash flow, i'd probably have a bunch of exotics hanging from the wall, as well as a few of my own design...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,699 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
I often times have buyers remorse for a week or two after I get something bike related(ie, 03 monster to on bighit, seling bighit for v-10), but all in all its just change I mean once you get used to it you love it and completely think that you made the right decision. Want more info about bike whores or buyer remorse information contact Snowskilz.:p;)

haha, I would take this advice, coming straight from Mr. Bike Whore himself :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Korrupt said:
Yea, i just got my azonic steelhead w/ my marzocchi z1 drop off II. i wish i had a fs bike :( This bi*ch is heavy. It's a ss. Does everyone go through this? i sort of went through it on my last bike, but not the first night i had it.
hit the dirt jumps or skatepark and quit whining. sounds like a pimp ht to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Thankfully I generally have to wait for most larger purchases so I have time to talk myself out of them....

but.... buyers remorse has bitten me a few times. I just try to justify the purchase through more time on the various bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Heh, zedro I have that same amp. When I had first bought my k2 I went through buyers remorse because I kept bottoming it out, and whatnot. Then I found it to be a fun little bike. Never had any buyers remorse with the Bullit though....
 

·
i should be working
Joined
·
532 Posts
yea i got a little bit of remorse about my kona. it was an ebay special and little did i know the size small really meant super-extra small. when i stand on it and pedal if i dont watch it i can really bang my knees on the bars. and it had non standard disk mounts on the rear chainstays so right now i'm back to a v-brake which i swore i'd never use again unless i bought a trials bike.

i just kept riding it and although its not a perfect setup i can still rip it. you get used to it. the first night i put my JrT on i though it was a mistake. even though the internals suck the extra stiffness and travel are well worth it even if i couldnt afford a better fork at the time.

ride on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
...hey Zedro, post your stuff on the classifieds...

zedro said:
yeah, buyers remorse is a real *****. So far two 823 rims which i didnt need (replaced a 521/321 combo tubless setup), and just ordered a Fox DHX this monday.

anyone wanna buy a 50W Marshall guitar amp, which i regret buying a few years ago?
...otherwise I'll have to get it deleted by the mo...

It's true...power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely... :rolleyes:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top