Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
As a fat guy on a bike, with pretty much the same numbers, I'm all for it.

·
I'd rather be on my bike
2,749 Posts
I am all for it as well. Sounds like she loves riding, and it is great to see that she gets out there and overcomes some obstacles. I would think that the height would be the bigger issue, no pun intended. At 6'4", there are no ladies style bikes that will fit I would imagine. 21 or 23" mens bike is what you are left with, and sometimes the fit of those is not ideal for women.

I need to show this article to a female co-worker who is the same height, and probably close to the weight. She thinks there is nothing out there for her.

·
since 4/10/2009
30,852 Posts
6'4 is a difficult height to fit, regardless. Not a lot of bike models even come in XXL anymore. Some hybrids come in big sizes, but only the "men's" ones.

Kudos to her for getting out, though.

·
I'd rather be on my bike
2,749 Posts
I told her about it. She is cool with it. Her height is more what I was getting around to. She said that lady is nuts. She is now pregnant with twins, so riding to work probably is not going to happen for her unfortunately.

·
Registered
Two wheels, handle bars
1,685 Posts
Not being a clyde in any way, I don't face these issues. More power to anyone who faces them and doesn't bat an eye.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I told her about it. She is cool with it. Her height is more what I was getting around to. She said that lady is nuts. She is now pregnant with twins, so riding to work probably is not going to happen for her unfortunately.
Glad she took it well :) Yeah, I'm guessing bikecommuting is probably going to be tough for to pull off for a while.

·
Registered
173 Posts
An example of how bike commuting can fight obesity and anyone can bike to work if they want to. Being a bike commuter myself I am happier for the most part apart from the occasional rude motorist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts