Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, what a beautiful day, albeit a bit numbing cold after the cloud cover came in late afternoon, but all that snow up at the summit!

To catch another two fellow MTBR Nor Cal members playing in the snow! Thanks for supplying the patch kit snakecharmer & sparkyjay for the manpower. The patch did work but there were two punctures, not one first suspected! The airlock tube had no chance, the tear went through both sides of the tire and it was bleeding green everywhere. And in a pinch for time, just had to get down off the mountain before gates closed. Still, wouldn't have changed a thing this afternoon, 3000+ ft climbing out of saddle ;)

p.s. a welcome surprise to see a third SS, full rigid kermit green Niner, making the climb up!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Stoney22 said:
Lots of snow up there Sunday also....but appeared to be melting fast.
The snow on the tires and spokes looks awesome. Did you ride the pavement up or did you come up through off road trails? I rode up Mitchell Canyon to Juniper Camp on Sat and had some traction problems near Juniper (mostly due to a worn out rear tire). What was your traction like?

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Stoney22 said:
Yeah...I forgot my knee warmers at home. :madman:
It's easy to mean well, but sometimes planning takes the back seat. I f-ed up on Saturday as well:

Took a couple hours after getting home to eliminate the numbness and tingling in my toes, fingers, and the pain in my knees. I dunno how people on the east coast or in Alaska deal with these wintertime temperatures.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Passenger13 said:
The snow on the tires and spokes looks awesome. Did you ride the pavement up or did you come up through off road trails? I rode up Mitchell Canyon to Juniper Camp on Sat and had some traction problems near Juniper (mostly due to a worn out rear tire). What was your traction like?
Took the legal fireroad trails most of the way up from South Gate side until they hit the pavement. Then took the pavement from there - couple slippery spots but not horrible. The sun was hitting us pretty good so that helped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.