Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I was wondering whats the biggest tires that you other cannondale 1fg riders have cramed in your bikes? I was wanting some bigger rubber and was curious what you guys have used on this bike. I was thinking about the 2.3 wierwolfs anyone tried these? I live in central oregon so mud clearance isn't really an issue over here. Thanks

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
Unless they've significantly changed the rear end, I've fit a 2.1 in my M900 with ease. Try this... take your C'dale to your LBS and tell them you'll buy the tire in question if it will fit. Mount & install it there in the LBS and see. If they won't let you do it try a different LBS.

·
Registered
379 Posts
2.3 Wierwolfs, i did

I dont have the 1fg anymore but always ran the 2.3 Wierwolf's. I liked them very much. If I remember correctly, I don't think there would be to much clearance for mud. I live in the desert and the only time it would rub is if a rock got wedged in the tread and passed through the chainstay. On the front I believe I was running an Intense 2.4. I found this photo but doesnt really show much:)

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
SS4life said:
Hey all! I was wondering whats the biggest tires that you other cannondale 1fg riders have cramed in your bikes? I was wanting some bigger rubber and was curious what you guys have used on this bike. I was thinking about the 2.3 wierwolfs anyone tried these? I live in central oregon so mud clearance isn't really an issue over here. Thanks
I'm riding the stock high roller 26" x 2.35 so i would think the 2.3s would be no problem. I have the 2004 fully rigid 1FG and if I'm not mistaken the bosses are on the face of the fork and tail so It could probably accomodate bigger tires, but I'm away from my bike right now so I can't confirm that . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.