Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,926 Posts
I was hoping you really had good information....

Spoil sport

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping you really had good information....

Spoil sport
it's great information... for all 138 horse owners in San Diego and for the handful of people whose dream it was/who promised someone that one day they'd be able to ride a horse here.

Plus, there was no mention of the new parking lot being proposed across the park, just 100 yards from where the old BMX site was that they shut down in the 90's due to environmentally sensitive land ;)

It's almost criminal... wait... how many city officials have been investigated? It *is* criminal the way this city is run. :)

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
It goes much deeper than a "handful of people with dreams." These people actually made it happen.

Like it or not, wishing and dreaming alone rarely results in anything.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It goes much deeper than a "handful of people with dreams." These people actually made it happen.

These people made it happen on the taxpayers dime, including the antenna funds that were specially crafted to go to the foundation, rather to the city (like the other parks).
If "Made it happen" means that years ago, political heavyweights sat and strategized on how to commandeer building a park to their liking while ignoring public input, then, yes, you are correct.

Otherwise, a much better example of "making it happen" would be the lake murray playground project, which was setup, planned and executed by members of the community with the interest of all families and park users in mind.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,150 Posts
So what's new with Missing Trails now?

·
Registered
351 Posts

They didn't "make it happen" any more than any member of a privileged minority "makes it happen." And it's not like mountain bikers in general, and particular people posting in this thread, are only "wishing and dreaming."

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
it's great information... for all 138 horse owners in San Diego and for the handful of people whose dream it was/who promised someone that one day they'd be able to ride a horse here.
I referenced my statement from the above quote from OCD. They made it happen, it's happenning.

SDMBA's Advocacy committee is putting the pressure on the City to keep deadlines and provide information. Was not referrencing mtb'ers. I "wish" mtbr had an "ignore button" so you could just ignore me.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,868 Posts
Construction of the facility is estimated to cost about $2.5 million, those funds have yet to be identified.
So, they approved spending $500k just to draw up some plans that "might" cost as little as $2.5 Million.

It includes four horse corrals for public use, trails and room for 47 cars and 15 vehicles with horse trailers.
I am wondering how on earth they can build all of this for $2.5 Million..... something is majorly amiss here.

So sad. The only cost involved in allowing mountain bikers to have good trails is the time it takes to say okay to SDMBA..... Such a waste.

·
IPA tester
1,319 Posts
So, they approved spending $500k just to draw up some plans that "might" cost as little as $2.5 Million.

I am wondering how on earth they can build all of this for $2.5 Million..... something is majorly amiss here.

So sad. The only cost involved in allowing mountain bikers to have good trails is the time it takes to say okay to SDMBA..... Such a waste.
Please........ your common sense has no say in a government allocation of your taxes ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

They can't. They've already spent 1+ million on the corrals, parking and golden sh1tter.

1+2.5+500k = running total of roughly 4 million.

The equestrian facilities will remain underutilized but the key players will have their clubhouse.

Now let me go back to writing these tax cheques with confidence it's being used wisely.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts