Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in the Fairfax location and they had big up to 90% off signs like they were going out of business but I guess it's a big clearance sale.

I'm not sure if it's all locations but might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well, if HTO is going under, color me not shocked. I wanted to like that place. The stores are nice enough. My kids like the fish pond. But I never found any thing that I actually wanted to buy that I couldn't get cheaper somewhere else. Its all well and good to try to out-REI REI, but geez, you can't just be the more expensive alternative to REI with all the same stuff. Maybe I should check out the clearance sale.:winker:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, if HTO is going under, color me not shocked. I wanted to like that place. The stores are nice enough. My kids like the fish pond. But I never found any thing that I actually wanted to buy that I couldn't get cheaper somewhere else. Its all well and good to try to out-REI REI, but geez, you can't just be the more expensive alternative to REI with all the same stuff. Maybe I should check out the clearance sale.:winker:
Their website doesn't seem to indicate they are going under...just sounds like they are getting rid of old product. REI doesn't exactly have great prices either when it comes down to it. At least when it comes to bike stuff, I've definitely found better deals at the LBS and online over REI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.