Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
...
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I was looking to get a set of big tires (for me) for some winter ridin. I was thinking of something like 2.25 / 2.3 something with some float and good air volume. I am buying a ton of other stuff at the moment so I was looking to buy these bigger tires on the cheap. Just want to try it out so to speak. I was all set to buy some IRC Trailbears from Performance but they went from 12.99 to 19.99 on Friday when I was looking to buy. I remember hearing about WTB Mutanos on sale but have not seen any at a good price left. Anybody seen any good deals out there on some big treads? Let me know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Continental Vertical Pro

These are 17.96 a piece if you are a Team Performance member. I picked up a pair, but was a little disappointed that they are narrower than my 2.0 Specialized Adrenalins. Still, not a bad deal
 

·
Basura Blanca
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
Kenda Kinetics 2.35 for $8.50 (wire bead) at Chucksbikes.com, if price is your primary consideration. The reviews of those tires are mixed, at best.
- Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
The 2.25 kevlar version @ chucks

NuMexJoe said:
Kenda Kinetics 2.35 for $8.50 (wire bead) at Chucksbikes.com, if price is your primary consideration. The reviews of those tires are mixed, at best.
- Joe
Are like $12.99. I bought one for the price and @ 780g their not that heavy either...
 

·
Interlectchewal
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Trail Bears back at $12.98 as of 6:45 ET on 12/5/05

CDtofer said:
Hey all, I was all set to buy some IRC Trailbears from Performance but they went from 12.99 to 19.99 on Friday when I was looking to buy.
Trail Bears are currently showing up at $12.98 for me. They change their pricing around constantly. I haven't used them in snow yet, but I love them for all other New England conditions.
 

·
...
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are the Trailbears in the wet???

tvrbob86 said:
Trail Bears are currently showing up at $12.98 for me. They change their pricing around constantly. I haven't used them in snow yet, but I love them for all other New England conditions.
tvrbob,
You said you love them for all other NE conditions. I am assuming that means some wet stuff as well? I have heard good things about these tires but mainly in dry environments,, and I am looking for them as my winter tires. Just curious as to how you like them in the rain and mud. Thanks...

Thanks to the others as well, if I dont get the Trailbears I will pick up a set of Kinetics.

Any other suggestions????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Ive been using some Scott tires made by IRC they were cheap, they are 2.25 and around 600g
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
IRC Scott!!!

SLX said:
Ive been using some Scott tires made by IRC they were cheap, they are 2.25 and around 600g
How was the performance of those tires? Do they roll fast?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Zion Rasta said:
How was the performance of those tires? Do they roll fast?
They are much more 'nubier' than im used to and they dont roll as fast as my specialized Rollx tires, which are 2.0, But i have been having trouble going up very steep climbs with the rollx 2.0, loose on hardpack, so the new tires help alot. However I dont race so I usualy go at my own pace. They track the corners pretty well going downhill single track. Im not sure how they perform on slick rock trail at Moab but we will see this next season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
CJLED said:
These are 17.96 a piece if you are a Team Performance member. I picked up a pair, but was a little disappointed that they are narrower than my 2.0 Specialized Adrenalins. Still, not a bad deal
Review please. I'm flip flopping between the Conti Vert and the Spec Adrenaline for my next tire set, although I'm going UST. Was leaning towards the Adrenaline. How do they compare to each other? I'm in CO riding mostly dry rocky terrain. Might just use one up front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Get the Conty Vert!!!

crashtoomuch said:
Review please. I'm flip flopping between the Conti Vert and the Spec Adrenaline for my next tire set, although I'm going UST. Was leaning towards the Adrenaline. How do they compare to each other? I'm in CO riding mostly dry rocky terrain. Might just use one up front.
I had the Adrenaline Pros on my Yeti 575 and they are tanks. The have the highest rolling resistance of any tire I've tried before and I think they are in the 650ish gram range.
The are super sloooooooowwwww.

The contys rol better....
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top