Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,466 Posts
Sweet!! Seeing how Crystal can't do it (due to the lack of tree covered area between the runs I was told). It's a long drive to Stevens from Tacoma, but worth it! This will be very sweet when it opens!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
"The preliminary trails design plan retains the technical downhill roots of our past"

Wow I love that someone in charge recognizes what made those old Snoqualmie trails so legendary. They were gnar before we really knew what gnar was.

I used to joke (actually it wasn't far from the truth) that their trail crew was one guy with a hoe, who just scraped a line down the hill. It was so awesome.

They used to have this terrible trail "map" on the signboard at the top of the chair that was almost impossible to decipher. And basically every trail down was single black and many were double back especially for back in the day. The only green way down was on steep very rocky logging roads. I used to feel bad for the people who had been lured in by the words "bike park, come have fun" and would be up at the top in half-shells and clean cloths on rental bikes wondering where the heck they were supposed to ride down while all of us huckers on 2000 era armageddon style downhill bikes were wearing all manner of Road Warrior armor and hucking off the lift platform.

And after a morning of shredding, eating bbq and drinking cold fountain Dew out on the deck was pretty much the best place to be on earth.

Good times.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I remember trying to ride up there way back in the day on my fully rigid Raleigh. It was nearly impossible to stay upright over all the boulders.

There were some rich guys up there on Kleins with these new-fangled Rockshox suspension forks who could actually ride the trails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.