Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought, but it didn't seem to want to turn when I put the allen in there. Just a bit earlier (before the knob fell off) I was turning the knob and it was moving perfectly in a very controlled series of clicks. It seemed like the knob must have been turning a ring above the allen or something. ( ? )

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
sklein said:
That's what I thought, but it didn't seem to want to turn when I put the allen in there. Just a bit earlier (before the knob fell off) I was turning the knob and it was moving perfectly in a very controlled series of clicks. It seemed like the knob must have been turning a ring above the allen or something. ( ? )
When it "clicks" I think that might be a seized rebound adjuster (the allen key is actually slipping), since that rebound has no detents (that I remember).

Something easy to check, flip the bike/fork upside down, and slightly loosen the big allen bolt holding that lower on (half turn or so), then try moving the rebound adjuster with an allen key. It's not uncommon for the adjuster to get jammed by the big bolt. If it moves, turn it in one or two times, then snug the large bolt back up. Then, adjust the rebound as needed.

That might not be it, but could save you a trip to the shop, unless you're not a DIY person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.