Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Old School Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Building now. I have parts coming in from Quality (Rockshock/Avid/SRAM/Thomson/Shimano XT crank) and Chris King (headset/ISO hubs, 20mm front woot!)

Will try and take photos during the build.

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
Coolhand said:
This thread useless without pictures:
Congratulations Coolhand. Have fun buildin' it up. I look forward to seeing pics of the complete bike. The parts list you plan to use is good -- saw it over on the 29er board. That 1x8 setup will be cool. I've been thinking about running mine 1x9, actually. Might end up 2x9 instead with a 29x40. We'll see if I can get the right crank to do it...

Cheers,
MG

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
rockcrusher said:
wow that is colorful. Gotta love Salsa's chutzpah when it comes to color. No mute or subdued color from them!

Build it up and get it dirty and let us know how it rolls off the road.
They roll great -- total rippers. I've been ridin' mine for a month now, and especially now that I'm getting some component choices sorted, most notably the fork, it's an incredible riding and handling bike.

It handles a lot like a Salsa too... if that makes any sense. You can jump off an El Mariachi and onto a Big Mama and start ripping very quickly and easily, based on my experience. I can go from riding one to riding the other and back again, and push both bikes hard without drama... pretty cool. Clearly they know how to make the bikes handle consistently from model to model, even with differences in material and suspension vs. no suspension.

Attachments

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
Coolhand said:
Bang!

Props to QBP and Salsa, frame is stunning in person.

:thumbsup:
POW! That thing looks awesome! I'll look forward to hearing how you like that Reba on there. I've been thinking about getting either one of those or an F29 for the front of mine. Not sure which I'll pull the trigger on yet...

The SC32 is a good midwestern option, but I'm afraid it might get a little short on travel when we get to the big stuff out west. I love how attentively it steers right now though with the SC...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes!!! I was gonna use some stuff I had around and decided the items I was lacking and the cost just didnt make sense when I saw Speedgoats x9 build. I am really glad I went this route:thumbsup: . Its a sweet setup .
CQ

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
Coolhand said:
I was riding towards the harder lines just for fun. Totally like cheating- I not telling anyone- I am going to pretend I got a lot better.

:D
I won't tell if you don't... Congratulations man. The bike looks great.

Cheers,
MG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.