Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new bike for downhill and freeride mountain biking. I am looking at the specialized bighit expert and the bighit fsr and want to know if the extra monay for the expert is worth it. I would also like to know what people think about these bikes and what they recomend for me. i am about 5' 10, and quite lite.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
not actually knowing anything about your riding style or terrain, I'm going to suggest the Expert, here's why.

1) Longer shock stroke = more travel. The Expert has a 2.75 vs the FSR's 2.5, which gives the Expert 8.1" as opposed to the FSR's 7.5.

2) The Expert comes with a Jr.T which can be upgrade to a Super T (need to install one HSCV cart). The Kingpin is a POS and would have to be replaced completely costing allot more $$$ in the end.

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking too it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Werd to yer muther!

red5 said:
not actually knowing anything about your riding style or terrain, I'm going to suggest the Expert, here's why.

1) Longer shock stroke = more travel. The Expert has a 2.75 vs the FSR's 2.5, which gives the Expert 8.1" as opposed to the FSR's 7.5.

2) The Expert comes with a Jr.T which can be upgrade to a Super T (need to install one HSCV cart). The Kingpin is a POS and would have to be replaced completely costing allot more $$$ in the end.

What he said.

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
red5 said:

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking too it.
couldn't ask for a better opinion...and Damm it is right too

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have an expert but i bought it used for pritty cheap, its a really nice bike, but the jr. T is nothing great, i weight around 155 and bottom it out all the time but i'v heard worse about the kingpin.

"The Expert comes with a Jr.T which can be upgrade to a Super T (need to install one HSCV cart)"
anyone no how i could do this and where they sell THe HSCV cart?, or should i just add more oil, or get a new fork in a few years. I just keep bottoming out and i dont want to break anything
thanks

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
KMfreeride said:
i have an expert but i bought it used for pritty cheap, its a really nice bike, but the jr. T is nothing great, i weight around 155 and bottom it out all the time but i'v heard worse about the kingpin.

"The Expert comes with a Jr.T which can be upgrade to a Super T (need to install one HSCV cart)"
anyone no how i could do this and where they sell THe HSCV cart?, or should i just add more oil, or get a new fork in a few years. I just keep bottoming out and i dont want to break anything
thanks
check your oil level. Marzocchi ships with very low and that could be your problem.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
KMfreeride said:

thanks
first off...bottomed out means you need more oil (for your weight)

second off you get the cartridges from Marzocchi....have someone else install it for you and change the oil at the same time w/the correct oil height for your weight and riding style

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
How high are you droppin?

KMfreeride said:

thanks
Must be droppin' big if you're bottoming out at 155 lbs. Or as stated, low oil. Jr-T is works well just for drops. You'll feel the real need to upgrade when you start fast DH runs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.