Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on the usual trail this weekend and decided to do a nice 6ft drop which went better than planned until my rear brake decided not to work. Proceeded to go beyond the braking point and fall down a 15ft drop on to my head and chest. 3 cracked ribs, scraped all over and feeling awful!

Lucky really as it could've been much worse!

Do you get upper body armour for large (54" chest) riders in the UK?

Will be a few weeks before I can ride again as I can barely get dressed never mind ride a bike!

Take care out there folks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, already on the lookout for some decent rear brakes. Can't afford another frame just now so have to stick with v brakes on the back.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap!
854 Posts
so have to stick with v brakes on the back.
There is your problem.........v brakes?
I would not ride any big drop or steep stuff with V brakes......
I would ride them for XC but that is all.

Speedy recovery!!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Speedy recovery.

If you are that big, on a bike with V brakes, doing big drops, not wearing protection, expect to be broken more than not broken. Save up your money and avoid such silly stuff until you dress for it and equip for it.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Speedy recovery.

If you are that big, on a bike with V brakes, doing big drops, not wearing protection, expect to be broken more than not broken. Save up your money and avoid such silly stuff until you dress for it and equip for it.
Seriously... can't imagine trips to the ER are cheaper than a frame, much less brakes, unless you have damn good insurance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously... can't imagine trips to the ER are cheaper than a frame, much less brakes, unless you have damn good insurance.
Or I live in the scotland where health care is free;)

Seriously though, looking for a good frame with option if discs front and rear.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Fatmansteve.....just remember....when you fall off the bike, the best thang is to get right back on it after you heal.....
That's me just about good to go other than the odd twinge. Plan on getting out this week for a local easy trail avoiding some of the bumpy stuff! My back has suffered badly from the fall and made it a slower recovery than I'd hoped. Appreciate the spurring words!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts