Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...probably been asked here a hundred times, but I have to ask again. I'm a bigger dude that's looking to get a 24inch BMX Cruiser. I'd love some recommendations from you seasoned riders. I'd like to keep cost down but if you think something is worth it, I'm listening! Just looking to get back into riding first, nothing fancy. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
The crickets in response to your question are largely due to this being a mountain bike forum. If a 24 cruiser is what you really want, by all means pull the trigger.

I was in your shoes 20 years ago. BMX background, wanting to ride again. Like you, i thought an adult sized BMX would be perfect. My step brother asked me an important question... "Do you want to ride your bike mellow on the boardwalk, or go flying down hills?

I wound up with a mountain bike. Gear options are your friend and help you climb hills. You cant go down with out going up first. (notable exceptions shuttling and sex)

And yes... big guys ride mountain bikes too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Understood...and thanks for the response. I've had many mountain bikes. Just think I'd like to try something different. I've had 3 Specialized Rock Hoppers and a Cannondale in the past. I'm ready for something different...at least, I think. Lol. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts