Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was cruising some easy peasy trails the other day and went to cross a backstreet. i hear "tink tink tink" like something fell off my bike but it rolled alright and i didn't see anything on the ground. i was worn out so i found some shade aobut 100 yards later at a school. so im chilling and notice that my big gear lense for the shifter is missing.

2+2= thats what fell off

so i go back and search for the clear plastic piece but to no avail.

so how do i get this replaced? my bike is like 3-4 weeks old. maybe i bumped it putting the car in the trunk because i haven't wiped out at all. it could be my fault, i dont remember knocking it around but whateva.

is this something that my specialized dealer can replace under warranty or am i buying a part now? surely it can't cost too much to replace, right?

·
Registered
388 Posts
What kind of shifter was it?

Honestly, the best thing I ever did to my shifters was take off the indicators...who needs to be looking at them while riding...your legs will tell you if you're in the right gear.

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
X-4 shifters?

Mine have fallen out on several occassions... but I've always 'lucked' out and found them... I'm really looking forward to losing them so I have an excuse to upgrade to a set, without indicators.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
mainlane said:
What kind of shifter was it?

Honestly, the best thing I ever did to my shifters was take off the indicators...who needs to be looking at them while riding...your legs will tell you if you're in the right gear.
really, i dont need the indicator. maybe i'll just put tape over it to keep dirt out of it :)

edit, i think they are called X-4 shifters made by SRAM. sry im a newb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts