Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
mtbndan said:
Has anyone with big feet (15's) had problems with feet hitting the front wheel when turning?
What size bike are you talking about using those skis on - S, M, L, XL?

No problems in our household with junior's size 15 (he rode a 29"er in size S with size 14, now he fits on a size L with size 15 and has no ski clearance issues). Keeping in mind - he uses the SPD clipless system. Not sure how things would be with platform pedals.

BB

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Not a problem.

I wear size 50/15.

If you have size 15 feet and ride a small, your feet will hit. (but only when turning 45 degrees at speed...who does that?)
If you have size 15 feet and ride a large/XL your feet will not hit.
If you have size 15 feet and need a small, you have bigger problems.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
mtbndan said:
I'm 6'2 so if I get a 29er it'll be a XL, I rode a Redline Flight 29er in a store and didn't have a issue, it was a L.
So you rode a 29"er and already knew it wasn't an issue.:madman:

mtbndan said:
So is the 29er hype real??
Do you have some time this weekend? If so, read the 12,534 threads that are filled with 159,318 posts in this forum to get an idea.:thumbsup:

BB

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't wear size 15, I wear a 13. Never had a problem with the front wheel, but I have had problems with my heel bumping the rear derailleur on the drive side on 26" MTBs. Have not had that problem with my 29er.

·
BDB
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rode it with platform pedals and hiking boots in the store, it wasn't a real test ride like you might think. My foot hit the tire once in the store but when I concentrated on keeping my foot in the correct position it didn't seem to be a problem. I really wanna take one out on a trail, a real test ride before I consider getting one.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
IMO long feet are an issue if you place the cleats under the heels. Long toes may well be a greater factor than than long feet.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
FWIW i have some toe overlap.

i am riding a 16" inbred, stock fork, size 11 shoes. i wouldn't call it an "issue", but it exists...certainly not to a level where it affects my riding, but sometimes the sudden noise scares me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.