Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start the year off right - by being part of the Urban Trail Movement

SF Urban Riders is building Killer Legal Singletrack in San Francisco

WHERE: Mount Sutro Trail System above UCSF
DATE: SATURDAY JANUARY 3rd
TIME: 9am - 1pm

MORE INFO AND DIRECTIONS:
http://www.natureinthecity.org/mtsutro.php

SFUR will be working with the Mount Sutro Stewards, Nature in the City, and One Brick on Trail and Habitat improvements on Mount Sutro.

We will continue to work on the Lower Connector Trail and its awesome switchbacks. This trail is the basis for future trail links like the Stanyan Street Trail and eventually over to Belgrave and Clarendon all on dirt.

Pizza and home brewed refreshments will be served at 12:45

SFUR needs your involvement to continue making the City a better place to recreate on your bike!

·
menace to myself & others
383 Posts
This was good stuff! Fun, and we accomplished a lot. We rerouted a whole turn (and added about 15 or so meters to the trail) and started on a second, as well as cleaned up a bunch of other stuff.

I'm a gonna try to get up there as soon as I can to ride some of the stuff we built.

And finishing up with pizza and homebrew pretty much put the cap on it.

Don't think it's going to be good for my race tomorrow, but there you go.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a tremendous day with a total of 48 Volunteers showing up!

Not every 15 meters of trail can be judged equally. It was a switchback that was replacing a 25% grade and it meant moving a lot of earth, and collecting a lot of rocks to support the outer edge of the trail ( the rocks were then covered with dirt that will set up nice after the next rains). There was also a huge amount of habitat work done along the Historic trail which has revealed more of the cool Franciscan Chert rock formations that make the place so special.

SF Urban Riders is proud to say we had TWENTY (20) volunteers on hand, with the others coming from One Brick, Nature in The City, and the California Native Plant Society.

Dig the photos:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.