Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
The camera used is the VIO POV1.
What about the mounting? I would guess it to be handlebar mounted as it turns with the bike, but there's not much vibration. Is it damped by the squishy fork or something else? Excellent quality overall for sure. :thumbsup:

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ridn29s said:
What about the mounting? I would guess it to be handlebar mounted as it turns with the bike, but there's not much vibration. Is it damped by the squishy fork or something else? Excellent quality overall for sure. :thumbsup:
Yeah, it's handlebar mounted. I found that putting it on my helmet wasn't stable enough. You'd be amazed at how often you look off to the side/how much your helmet moves while riding. Oh, and the fork IS squishy...

·
suspension wrench
194 Posts
Wow, the video looks great, Eric. You've really got it dialed now. The online host you used this time is so far superior to the you-tube.
Funny how it doesn't really look like DH though.

-mike

ps: maybe try some different pads on those Strokers:D

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
VERY nice Eric! Way better when you have a leading rider....gives a much better idea or the speed, terrain, difficulty, etc! With no rider ahead your Farlow video makes that trail look easy!

Here's the rub.....finding a rider who can stay ahead of you!

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kkjellquist said:
VERY nice Eric! Way better when you have a leading rider....gives a much better idea or the speed, terrain, difficulty, etc! With no rider ahead your Farlow video makes that trail look easy!

Here's the rub.....finding a rider who can stay ahead of you!
Mike B did a pretty good job of staying ahead yesterday on Heartbreaker... Here's part 1:
Untitled from pisgahproductions on Vimeo.

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
I like the videos...

swoodbrn said:
FWIW, IMHO, etc. - I find the bike-mounted vids really hard to follow. Seems like your previous ones (e.g., Mar 08) much more friendly, despite the periodic head turns. Guess it's a trade-off.
but I agree that the bar mounted ones have the "blair witch" thing going on. I feel kinda naucious after I watch it a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.