Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
pedalhead
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I go to pick up my bike from my LBS yesterday and the guy who rebuilt the bushings on my 2002 Dakar told me the customer service guy from Jamis knew who I was from my posts here on MTBR.
Thanks to Rich at the Bikery in Montclair NJ and the mystery customer service guy who got my order out quickly so I can ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
fakebeave said:
so I go to pick up my bike from my LBS yesterday and the guy who rebuilt the bushings on my 2002 Dakar told me the customer service guy from Jamis knew who I was from my posts here on MTBR.
Thanks to Rich at the Bikery in Montclair NJ and the mystery customer service guy who got my order out quickly so I can ride tomorrow.

I hope you are enjoying your Jamis-- Jamis HQ is in Northvale, NJ so I'm always lurking on the Jamis and New Jersey forums I ride with some folks from work on Wednesdays or Thursdays in Ringwood if you'd like to join a ride name is Kenny

thanks

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
what did that bushing rebuild cost ya? i need to get the same done to my bike. LBS is going to call Jamis "sometime" this week and get me an answer.

·
Registered
571 Posts
On another forum site, there was dude who posted about bigass drops he did on his K2 and the K2 eventually broke and he said when he spoke to the customer service, they said they were already aware of his abuse but took care of his claim, but did let him know what his riding was not what the XC was made for. ;)

Bike industry people do post and read here.

The owner of Ibex Bikes just posted something recently. SkaTodd works for Iron Horse and Mellow Yellow works for company that owns Raleigh and Diamondback. Tony Ellsworth even posted a long warranty manifesto over in the Ellsworth forum. Jeff Jones cruises the forums when someone sends him a link to thread on his bikes.

·
pedalhead
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bushing rebuild

It only cost me about $100 bucks to get my rear end rebuilt. That included labor.
Not really sure though because they also rebuilt my front rim and did some other maintenance as well. It's like a new bike now though.
Question: Since alot of bike industry people check out these boards, can some of the pictures posted on here void warranties on frames???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts