Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Freelance Whatever
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been riding a rigid SS for about 2 years and now have the opportunity to get an '07 Epic at a steal of a price. I have hesitated purchasing a FS because I truly love the response I get from the rigid frame. My body is telling me that it might be time for me to look for some relief. I'm a bigger guy (245 with gear) and have ridden other FS, but seem to run through the suspension pretty quick. I also worry about the reliability of all the bearings and bushings with someone my size. I don't do any all-mountain stuff, mostly cross-country and have visions of racing a few events next season. The geometry seems similar to my SS and I absolutely LOVE it (props to [email protected] Lobster) but would like to add to the stable. Would like some feedback, especially on the Fox Brain shock (reliability?). Thanks!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I have an 07 Epic comp. My weight has fluctuated considerably since I've owned it, due to being heavy when I started biking, then getting injured after losing a bunch of weight, and gaining it back. I don't think you'll have any issues. I'm 6'3 and was weighing 225 or so when I got the bike last year, and 235 or so when I started riding again this year. No issues what-so-ever. Just don't forget to air down the shock as you lose the heft ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.