Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boulder chucker
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find one but I'm not having any luck. Anyone know where I can find one??
Schwalbe says they are out. So I know this could be a tall order.

I'm open to something else but since it will be on the front I'm looking for something in the 2.3/2.4 high volume range. Something with great cornering ability. I ride around SoCal. So something that would do well in my area. I'd like to keep it in the 900ish gram range too. I'm currently running a weirwolf 2.5 tubed and like the performance much better than the previous Nevegal I had on there. Maybe a CrossMark?? Suggestions? Thanks!

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,394 Posts
Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.35 UST would be the closest. I can't find Big Betty's anywhere to try them out either (but non-UST versions you can find in 2.4). I tried the Specialized Enduro 2.4 UST but the rolling resistance on these tires were horrible. You might also try the Nevegal 2.35 UST (I haven't tried these either because they don't come in Stick-E compound). I use the non-UST Stick-E in my FR bike w/ tubes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Scwalbe told me end of June

I was looking for them also, emailed Schwalbe last week, told me they'd be available end of June, so call them in a couple weeks and see if they've showed up. In the meantime, I just got some Conti Diesel UST 2.5's from Phat Tire for $30 ea. Can't report on performance as I crashed before I got them, jacked my front brake finger, so I can't ride anything technical or speedy right now to see how they perform. But two tires for the price of one Schwalbe seemed like a good deal to me. weighed in at 1050 grams each though, so a little heavier.

·
Boulder chucker
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flyer said:
The UST BBs are not in the US yet so US Schwalbe isn't "out" because they never received any. They have to be "in" to be "out" so...:)

The Fat Alberts are close.
Dam slackers! They need to get in gear!:D

Guess I'll start digging around for some Fat Alberts. So how many times am I going to have to hear the reference to the cartoon when asking for these? Ha, should be fun!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Larry at mtnhighcyclery has FAs (or can get them quickly). My buddy just got some from him at a good price. Schwalbe Europe seemingly doesn't care as much about Schwalbe USA needs, it seems. This is the third time that no Big Bettiess have been in the container that were supposed to be in. I'd be so pissed...

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Check out Arrow Racing's website: their Ramped Bite SRS E tubeless 2.5.
It's really a 2.4, same size as Big Betty and similar tread, and the side knobs are way more aggressive than the Fat Allbert. It's a tad heavy though (1249 grams) but who cares.
It's cheap too ($45 at Adrenaline Bikes online.) I have one on the front (the softer compund version) and a Fat Albert on the rear of my Heckler, great combination for SoCal. It's a good substitute for the big betty ust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the problem is at the source. At least a couple of months ago Schwalbe Germany did not have any Big Betty USTs. Feel free to call:

thank you very much for your message. The tubeless version Big Betty 62-559 Triple is not available by now. The dispatch might postpone up to a couple of weeks, at worst months. Please understand, that it is difficult to determine an exact date, because by now it is impossible to say anything regarding the distribution time (via wholesaler and retailer).

Thank you for your understanding.

best regards

i. A. Philipp Hawle
customer service

SCHWALBE - Ralf Bohle GmbH
Otto-Hahn-Str. 1
51580 Reichshof
GERMANY
Fon: +49 (0) 2265 109 905
Fax: +49 (0) 2265 109 68
E-mail: [email protected]
Home: www.schwalbe.com

Amtsgericht Siegburg HRB 8044
Geschäftsführer:
Frank Bohle, Andreas Grothe, Holger Jahn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.