Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I instigated the current petition discussion and, with thrillkil's help, the petition is 250 strong after two days but....
what do we do now?
I dont have any contact with team big bear or summit management who, from what I understand, made the final decision.
I have a feeling that just showing them the petition wont do us much good as I'm sure they are already know there are a lot of disapointed riders.
I'm guessing the best thing would be to initiate a formal dialouge with this petition as a sort of olive branch but at this point I'm out of my league so any thoughts?
list here or PM me with any idea's

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
matthew said:
I know I instigated the current petition discussion and, with thrillkil's help, the petition is 250 strong after two days but....
what do we do now?
I dont have any contact with team big bear or summit management who, from what I understand, made the final decision.
I have a feeling that just showing them the petition wont do us much good as I'm sure they are already know there are a lot of disapointed riders.
I'm guessing the best thing would be to initiate a formal dialouge with this petition as a sort of olive branch but at this point I'm out of my league so any thoughts?
list here or PM me with any idea's
print out every single petition on a separate sheet of pape and in a big pile. put on their main desk.... it should be a bout two feet tall before you do it tho :D

·
Master of Disaster
220 Posts
From what I gather, petitiononline.com has a provision that allows me to e-mail the whole freaking thing to Team Big Bear's E-mail address, once we get enough signatures. I want to get at least a couple thousand before I send it. At this rate, it should take about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
What to do next? That's a good point to bring up. I think printing out each individual petition would be a good point. Also, as somebody else said, starting a dialog with TBB might not be a bad idea, although I'm sure they're pretty firm on their decision. I would be very surprised if they were to change their mind. However, perhaps they would be open to permitting DH bikes one weekend a month. I would also be all for SUPER stiff fines/penalties for those riding out of bound trails, as this is probably the biggest reason for them shutting down.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
hbfrdh1 said:
........... riding out of bound trails, as this is probably the biggest reason for them shutting down.
CORRECT O MUNDO.
I think we need to address the Forest Service as well as Snow Summit.
The US Forest Service was apparently unhappy that riders were accessing illegal (out of bounds) trails by means of the Snow Summit Sky Chair, and therefore during the time of the lawsuit, urged the owners of Snow Summit to ban DH riders.

EDIT: The idea for having to pay fines is brilliant.:cool:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
1. Contact the forest service, start a dialogue.

2. Contact local Big Bear bike shops that cater to DH'ers. There's two. They will be feeling the loss of patronage the most. Maybe they will be willing to help you approach TBB.

3. Contact IMBA: link.http://www.imba.com/contacts/near_you/california.html#rep

4. Contact Sierra Club: link.http://www.sierraclub.org/contact/

5. Send a link to the petition to TBB: mailto:[email protected]

6. Tell these people what you're trying to do, create an equitable solution to lift accessed trail riding in southern california. 'equitable' being the key word. Be prepared for a lot of people not wanting to talk to you, be persistent. if you can, go to a TBB sponsored race and meet the people directly. bring a hot girl and beers with you. ;)

Most important is to realize that this is a different situation to white mountain, who was simply shutting down to save money. Being persistent is the key.

Good Luck. If you do this, go get your MBA and become a millionaire. :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
We need more signatures! I don't think it should be sent to Team Big Bear with less than 1500 signatures. Has it been posted on any other bike realted sites?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.