Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I started lurking on this forum a couple of months ago while preparing for my trip, that I just started January 1. Long story short, I set out to sail around the world from San Diego on October 1 and hit a hurricane, breaking my rudder. With no steering, out in the middle of the ocean, I had to get rescued by a freight ship that took me to China. I didn't have enough money for another boat, so I bought a mountain bike. Currently in southern China, but should be in Vietnam within 4 or 5 days. I'm posting blogs, pictures, videos, and grid coordinates almost daily of my journey, which will hopefully take me to the UK, where I plan to sail back to the US.

Thought you guys might be interested, friend of mine said I should post here. Should be a pretty cool trip. Bike is a Cannondale F3 hardtail mountain bike.

my website/ blog is www.openbluehorizon.com

Peace,

Ronnie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try the crazyguyonabike.com thing. I would love some company. Have a few friends that want to join me at different parts, so that would be cool. Taking a day of rest right now in Zhan Jiang, China. Anyone here wanna join? should be in Vietnam in a few days.

ETA- Ho Chi Minh- End January/ early February
Bangkok- 10 days after that, and THEN
fly to Calcutta, India- ride across India for a month, THEN-
fly to Dubai, etc etc

anyone wanna join in the fun? no better way to escape the recession than to be on a bike in a foreign country, haha.

·
Registered
233 Posts
let me know if you need crew to cross...been up/down ICW, Bermuda Races, deliveries from Palma - Malta- Turkey - Greece, etc.

Love to get back out there.

Good luck; write a book, make $$$

·
Suffers From Binge Biking
412 Posts
Wow, reading some posts on your blog just completely blew me away. It sounds like this has and will continue to be an absolutely amazing story! If you write a book- I'm definitely buying:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.