Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
It looks like the Add to Cart is grayed out for some reason on the Trek Ordering Site, probably why they cant get you an order number. Again, I'd reach out to Mitch to get some clarity, he super helpful and can get things sorted out for you better than any of us can.

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
It looks like the Add to Cart is grayed out for some reason on the Trek Ordering Site, probably why they cant get you an order number. Again, I'd reach out to Mitch to get some clarity, he super helpful and can get things sorted out for you better than any of us can.
This is why I said "Its not gonna happen". I can see this exact same data. It might say 205 days but the bike is not available to order from Trek.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I used my Trek Credit Card and put a down payment because I was going to travels (WORK) for the rest of the month and It didn't make any sense to get a $6k bike to sit in my apartment for 1 month.
I find it hard to believe your story. Anyone serious about bikes during these times of extreme supply chain issues would have paid for the bike in full and safely stored it at home. You are upset because some sort of mistake happened, that's life. What if the shop got robbed and your bike disappeared that way? You would be in the same situation, "needing" to buy a bike.

The fact that you just created an account to whine about your situation just diminishes your position further. Just go buy a bike and move on with your life.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is why I said "Its not gonna happen". I can see this exact same data. It might say 205 days but the bike is not available to order from Trek.
Yeah, I didn't see that until now. I was trying to give the shop the benefit of the doubt, but that pretty much confirms they wont be placing the order anytime soon, and then its another 205 days after that...

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
I also know (as a retailer) that customers don't always hear (or they mis-understand) what is said to them by shops.
From the OP's viewpoint it sounds like they really bungled this up but please exercise caution before "outing" the store.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Considering the landscape of the bicycle industry right now, there is no way I would have left that shop without that bike (originally). I would have paid for the thing in-full and left with it. I don't care if it would have sit idle for a month.
I did the same when I found the slash. Only difference is I paid in full so they would go get them damn thing from their shared warehouse and build it, then I could go get it.

·
Community Manager at Trek
465 Posts
Just catching up on this thread, but hey, I'm Mitch/Mitchell. This sounds like a shitty situation for all parties and it's hard to know what went wrong without talking to the other party as well so I don't want to throw anyone under the bus right away. However, a few things:
  • No shop should sell a bike without confirming with you (i.e. warning you that in X amount of days they are selling it) if they confirmed that exact bike was on hold for you.
  • Shops typically compile orders before submitting them since shipping is expensive and we offer substantial freight discounts if they have X amount of bikes or product in an order.
  • Some models have no ETA listed preventing new orders. This is often from a limit of backorders reached for that model or it is on hold for a model year changeover
  • Many stores in Florida are privately owned, but carry our name as their brand name. So they operate on their own.
I'm sorry you have to deal with this headache though, but if you could send me a message, I'll try to help the best I can! When you message me, tell me what shop you are dealing with, who you've been working with at that shop, and drop me your email/phone number as well in case I want to reach you outside of MTBR.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So bad in so many ways. Change brands and let your money talk. And flame the b***hes to anyone higher up at Trek that will listen, give them the social media flameout!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I always said that Trek would throw their name on any trash that could make them a few bucks. Full float suspension, private owned stores in Florida....
If that were true, this thread wouldn't exist:

·
Community Manager at Trek
465 Posts
I always said that Trek would throw their name on any trash that could make them a few bucks. Full float suspension, private owned stores in Florida....
I already know where your headspace is at, but all I am going to say is not all shops are bad. One bad employee doesn't mean a shop is bad. However, a good shop will recognize its mistakes and want to make them right. We work with our dealers all the time to help them improve if something comes our way and sometimes, the shop management may not be aware of the situation.

·
Registered
I secretly ride 12spd
2,002 Posts
I already know where your headspace is at, but all I am going to say is not all shops are bad. One bad employee doesn't mean a shop is bad. However, a good shop will recognize its mistakes and want to make them right. We work with our dealers all the time to help them improve if something comes our way and sometimes, the shop management may not be aware of the situation.
I've had very colorful dealings with Trek stores before. I won't post them here because it's not my thread, but this sort of thing is not at all uncommon within the Trek store network.

61 - 80 of 183 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.