Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
4,366 Posts
You are telling me to accept that TREK Store has mo word and should not be trusted then? I had a layaway, I sell my bike, and now I have to wait over 400 days because they decided to sell it anyways. Is mot a matter of judge or laws broken is a matter of being extremely unprofessional, apparently you are okay with that behavior. Now everyone knows not to do any business with you
Trek screwed up. Incompetence, corruption, whatever it is, there was a screw up. Nobody disputes that. It isn't "Right".

I'm not sure what you mean by "Accept that". I'm suggesting you move on. Take your refund and do business with good people. Doing business with people you don't like is toxic.

Not sure what "Not accepting" it would mean here.
that is never the intension here. All I want is to ride a bike.
Something we can all agree on.

·
No known cure
4,258 Posts
Promissory Estoppel is likely what can be considered in this situation. The shop made an agreement with the client and a deposit was paid per their request. At that point, they knew that the client would no longer be searching for a bike as they had just sold him one. In the interim, his ability to source a bike elsewhere has diminished and he may need to pay over list to acquire one. The shop is responsible.
Equally worth mentioning is that the shop had the option of requiring 100% payment up front, and didn't. Both sides did what was agreeable to each other, until the shop failed to meet their end.
Thank you for the continuing education

181 - 183 of 183 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.