Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tribe of one
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its coming up on two years ago that my 1993/4ish Stumpjumper bit the dust. The carcass still sits in the garage any decent parts have been sold on Ebay or removed to be put into service on another bike. So in an effort the make some room in the garage and to remember the old ride I have started this thread in homage to the bikes that been kicking throughout the years.

Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle
Iron Bicycle chain Bicycle drivetrain part Metal Chain

R.I.P. - 1993/4ish Olive Green Stumpjumper - Cause of permenant retirement was a bunny hop on the road which caused unrepairable damage separating the drive side of the rear triangle. During this final ride it succesfully limped back home. The stumpster is survived by its old riding mate the Stumpjumper M2 and the young Yeti 575.

Built like a tank and rode like a sports car. Forged from Japanese steel and sold as Specilized first "future shock" bike. This ride was not light by any means. It logged thousands of miles over the years through the springs, summers, falls, and winters it was in service, always made it to the finish line. Notable rides include Arcadia park R.I., Mt Snow Vt., and various trails throughout CT.

Services will be held this Saturday morning at the local town dump. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to IMBA or just go for a ride.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
So sorry about your loss, please accept my condolences.

And yet, I'm chuckling to myself........what a sweet tribute. We could use a " virtual mausoleum" forum!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
RIP:thumbsup:
2 thoughts though.
I hope it's going the scrap metal/recycle section of the dump! ;)
You could also make a bike themed shop stool outta the rear triangle

PS
I'm still riding a '93 (commuter duty). That FS version had a 1 1/8" headset, no?

·
Papa T
273 Posts
I hope you don't get this message too late. That frame seems salvagable to me. Since it is steel, any competent weld shop should be able to fixture it and weld it back into shape.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
July 4, 2006

Lawson, MO -- A Mongoose XR-75 died today at Watkins Mill State Park from injuries sustained in an accident on a walking/biking trail. It was only 2 months old.

It was born in a Walmart in Killeen, TX on May 22, 2006 and moved to Lawson, MO soon after birth.

It is survived by a 2006 Specialized Hardrock Sport.

·
Weiner Dog Connoiseur
1,013 Posts
Don't forget the surgical procedures:

Today, in Damascus, Maryland, a rare simultaneous front-derailleur, rear derailleur, chainring, cassette and chain replacement surgery was performed on a 2005 Trek Fuel 70. The doctors said the surgery was mostly successful, but was complicated when it was discovered that the rear derailleur hangar was bent from an accident six months ago. A new derailleur hanger was rushed to the operating theater to complete the surgery. The Trek is now resting comfortably and should be ready for the trails by the weekend.

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
That stumpy is salvagable. The dropout is the only thing broke and that's brazed on to the stay. Get a set of forward facing dropouts and have them replaced and run it SS. Easy job. Any hack welder can handle it.

-M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.