Votes: 5 5.9%
  • old, 7+ years.

Votes: 12 14.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how old your bike is. My bike (GIANT RAINIER) is just a few days shy of 2 years old. I expect to get many more years out of it. Sure you upgrade parts and stuff, so I guess i mean your frame. It seems like a lot of ppl are getting new bikes around here...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think a lot of the people on this board have a hard time answering this question..that is when you say how old is your bike, we say "which one" :cool:

My bicycles (2 road, 2 mountain) were made in 1988, 1994, 2003, and 2004.

rkj__ said:
I was just wondering how old your bike is. My bike (GIANT RAINIER) is just a few days shy of 2 years old. I expect to get many more years out of it. Sure you upgrade parts and stuff, so I guess i mean your frame. It seems like a lot of ppl are getting new bikes around here...

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good point

Rev Bubba said:
I have four, family has nine...........
Shoulda thought of that. Since you can only pick one, pick the montain bike you ride the most. If it's still a toss up, and you can't decide, do eenie meenie minie moe. :p I am just trying to get a general impression.

·
Birdman aka JMJ
1,081 Posts
Another question - birthday or re-birthday?

rkj__ said:
Shoulda thought of that. Since you can only pick one, pick the montain bike you ride the most. If it's still a toss up, and you can't decide, do eenie meenie minie moe. :p I am just trying to get a general impression.
I ride my SS the most of my 3 MTBs - I built it up in 2003, but it's a 1992 frame. BTW, the other bikes are 2001 and 2002.

JMJ

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frame

Birdman said:
I ride my SS the most of my 3 MTBs - I built it up in 2003, but it's a 1992 frame. BTW, the other bikes are 2001 and 2002.

JMJ
Count the SS as a '92. Components change all the time.

With stories of people breaking their fancy 5" bikes, it's nice to see some older stuff still holding up.

·
inner peace to make peace
2,294 Posts
1998 kona lavadome crmo steel frame

1998 kona lavadome crmo steel hardtail frame, adorned with lots of paint scraches and minor dings (i use clear nail poish to protect the exposed steel frame from rust). my body has scars from crashing on that ol' bike.
everything else on my frame has been replaced & upgraded, more than once
on the 3rd cassette now, and on 3rd pair of wheels

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Here's a list of my bikes and their respective birthyears;

- DeKerf Team SL - December 2000
- DeKerf Generation - 1996
- DeKerf Suspension -1995
- DeKerf Mountain/Team - 1994
- WTB Phoenix - 1995
- Bontrager Race Lite OR - somewhere '92-'93
- Breezer Storm - modell year '94, yet framenumber states the frame was built in '93
- Balance AL750 - modell year '97, built 1996
- Santa Cruz Heckler - 2004
- Alan Super Record - '92-'93
- Alan Super Cross - somewhere mid '80's

so; most of my rides are somewhat at a mature age.. ;-)

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Results so far.

They seem to be pretty much what i expected. Although there is still a good amount of older stuff kicking around, a lot of people are riding around on very new machines. Since i don't like spending money, maybe one day i will be able to put my bike in the 7+ year old catagory. I dought that i will be able to resist the urge for fs that long though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
rkj__ said:
They seem to be pretty much what i expected. Although there is still a good amount of older stuff kicking around, a lot of people are riding around on very new machines. Since i don't like spending money, maybe one day i will be able to put my bike in the 7+ year old catagory. I dought that i will be able to resist the urge for fs that long though.
'95 trek frame. Not one original component left. She's down to about 23lbs... & I'll keep ridin her till she breaks :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts