Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired this bike, simply cus it was so cheap, $50.. runs well, came with an extra set of wheels which is nice. Deore DX components, looks like Araya RM 17 rims b/c its the same shape as my Araya RM 17 except its silver instead of black.

I can't find any info on this bike, and all the pictures online are ones that are teal green.
Anyone have any more info?

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
'90 or '91? I remember selling them the last year I worked at a Bianchi dealer. I don't remember if they came with Rapid Fire or Tumb shifters but we did a lot of swapping of controls for customers... for the right price. The bars are stock if I remeber correctly.

My brother had a Super Grizzly, I rode it a few times and was impressed. Lugged steel rocks.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
taikuodo said:
yeah, were you one of the people inquiring about it too? Seller was cool, and he said he got 8 emails the night he posted it.
I was mildly considering sending an email, but it was further away that I was willing to travel.

I wouldn't know what to do with it after I got it. :confused:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, I took it on some boring trail today for about an hour, handles pretty good.. stem is mega long though, I plan on riding it for commute and then selling it in the summer when prices are high..

how do I find out the model year? The stock tires i bought it with were some Bianchi Grizzlys 2.1, but i like black sidewalls better.

·
No known cure
5,902 Posts
taikuodo said:
Heh, I took it on some boring trail today for about an hour, handles pretty good.. stem is mega long though, I plan on riding it for commute and then selling it in the summer when prices are high..

how do I find out the model year? The stock tires i bought it with were some Bianchi Grizzlys 2.1, but i like black sidewalls better.
Why not sell it now while everyone is gearing up for spring?;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just picked this up today, and thought I would throw it in this thread for the sake of organization. I think it's a 1991 Peregrine, full DX, thumbies, Scott brake pads, & 737 pedals. I'm super stoked- celeste green is classic, and I've always wanted an original Manitou. It was the first suspension fork I ever rode. I left the bike dirty, just wanted to share photos. Check out the huge Avocet! And are those Control Stix?

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Tire Wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part

And here's the best part- it came with the original Ritchey fork. The bike is a little bigger than I like, a 20.5" ctc, but I still can't wait to get it out on the trail. With the rigid fork, of course. The Manitou is shot.
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Bicycle part Bicycle accessory

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Having that fork come with it is a huge, huge bonus!

Looks pretty much all original with maybe a couple period correct upgrades.

Nice pick up! That should make for a fantastic rider.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.