Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to build a HT for street / Dj'ing relatively cheap, so I picked up the frame and seat post for $100. It is a Bianchi m.u.t.t., but I actually have not found this frame anywhere else. And from there this beast emerged. It turned out pretty nice, not quite done, or I should say satisified with all the parts yet. A new seat and grips are on the way.

Bianchi m.u.t.t. , Aluminum....... definately gonna break, ... eventually. :skep:
Hone cranks and BB, SNAFU platforms. SRAM Singlespeed chain.
AVID BB7's, AVID Speed Dial 7's Levers
Answer med. rise bars, Forte Lock ons
Manitou Nixon Comp. 145mm , a leftover from my Fuji FS, it is a little long, but it saved me $500.
Sun Rims Singletrack ( Urban Camo), Redline Hubs, paired nicely with some meat ( Maxxis Holly Rollers). They roll like a dream!

It is a homemade singlespeed conversion, got to love cheap cassettes! :thumbsup:

She weighs in at a whopping 28lbs. I like em' skinny! :ihih:
The seat, grips and stem all need replaced, but they work for now. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
Where can I get one of those stickers?

Anyway it looks like a killer ride. I'd do 3 things to it:
1) lower the fork
2) change the stem, and cut the steerer tube
3) get a tensioner that isn't spring loaded

After that, it should be a killer ride

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been waiting to cut the steerer tube, and hadn't thought of lowering the fork. I was thinking about eventually getting a new fork, but lowering it and cutting it woulf be a cheaper option.

Is that a difficult thing to do, lowering the fork? And I know the stem sucks! It was a freebee to get the bars on.

I picked up that sticker from Spencers, it made me laugh, and that frame had nothing on the front.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
sodak06 said:
I have been waiting to cut the steerer tube, and hadn't thought of lowering the fork. I was thinking about eventually getting a new fork, but lowering it and cutting it woulf be a cheaper option.

Is that a difficult thing to do, lowering the fork? And I know the stem sucks! It was a freebee to get the bars on.

I picked up that sticker from Spencers, it made me laugh, and that frame had nothing on the front.
XSL_Will should be able to help you out with lowering the fork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.