Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was talking to my brother in law about some older mtb parts. He mentioned he might have some parts of interest. So I traded a broken (but fixable) laptop and got an older (late 80's) Bianchi Grizzly. Lugged steel with a great mix of parts. In the deal I also received a box of NOS parts. Including XT canti's, LX crank, new rings and XT thumbies!! So I immediately went to the shop and started working. After cleaning, re-greasing, and re-cabling the bike this was the finished product.

This bike was lightly used and stored, keeping all the parts in near new condition! The XT thumbies still had the protective plastic coating on the them! Not going for exact, but built for my own needs.

Enjoy some photos! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
Thats a nice clean bike. I've kinda been wanting to add a lugged bike to my collection, and a Team Grizzley is on the short list. How can you go wrong with lugged Italian steel in Celeste?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, my first mountain bike was a Grizzly, almost exactly like that! Mine had the chainstay-mounted U-brake, though, which sucked. As far as it being Italian-built, I thought I had heard that Bianchi mountain bikes of that era were actually made in Taiwan..?

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
I think all the mtbs were made in Asia. Even the model above, the Super Grizzly which was all Prestige tubing was made in Taiwan. Most of the road bikes were also made in Asia. I think the Giro was the first in the model lineup with an Italian frame. If it is made in Italy it will have a cleared over decal that will says so much.

I can't recall right off, but they maybe had a Reparto Corse mtn bike on offer in the late 80s. I know they did eventually in the 90s. Reparto Corse frames were all made in Italy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.