Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
What are you looking at?
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered from beyondbikes.com? Are they for real? Do they have good prices? Would you recommend them?

·
Phil from San Diego
581 Posts
Look under the Passion board, there is a new post in there about beyondbikes.com; then look under "Where are the Deals" board, there are least 4 threads full of people who have had bad experiences with them.

So to answer your question, if depends on if you are a gambler and want to take the chance. Good luck. ;)

Phil.

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
Prexus2005 said:
there are least 4 threads full of people who have had bad experiences with them.
chalk up another up on that list. on their website, they claim items in stock, but in reality it's out of stock, and you end up waiting a few weeks. it's best to place your order over the phone and get a varification for availability.

the best online shops, in my experience are:

go-ride (cool cats that rip)
cambriabike
unreal cycles

all three of these shops have a real storefront and people that actually ride.

·
I like air!
915 Posts
R1D3R said:
Has anyone ordered from beyondbikes.com? Are they for real? Do they have good prices? Would you recommend them?
I've ordered from them before at least 4 or 5 times. They have good prices, not so great reliability. I would order from them again only because of prices. But if it were an emergency where I needed parts for a race or something they would be the last place I would order from.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
sriracha said:
chalk up another 3 people on that list that have had bad experiences. on their website, they claim items in stock, but in reality it's out of stock, and you end up waiting a few weeks. false advertising garbage. it's best to place your order over the phone and get a varification for availability.

the best online shops, in my experience are:

go-ride (cool cats that rip)
cambriabike
unreal cycles

all three of these shops have a real storefront and people that actually ride.
Beyond Bikes has a real storefront and people who ride as well. A lot of whom are responsible for a large portion of the trails at Ted Williams in SD.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ordered a black full face from Beyond one time, and they mailed me a blue one. I called to see what was up and they told me they were out of black and only had blue in that size. That was the first and last thing I ordered from them.
I only deal with www.ride-this.com. They're rider owned, all super cool guys. I had a coupon code that was RIDETHIS1, got me 10% off. Not sure if it still works, but worth a shot!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
MX 887 said:
my vote-
universalcycles.com
I second that vote. They accept paypal, they pricematch and take coupons from other online retailers, they have a very large selection of which I've never had an issue of backordering (I've ordered from them many times). Very prompt shipping. Their website kicks ass!

·
Phil from San Diego
581 Posts
coma13 said:
Beyond Bikes has a real storefront and people who ride as well. A lot of whom are responsible for a large portion of the trails at Ted Williams in SD.
ahhh... that explains everything! they are all out riding and doing trail work instead of filling orders and running the business? thanks for the clarification. ;)

They do have cool people working there... one guy is so generous that he'll take $5 off a $400 fork when you ask for price match; another sales person gets drunk on the job then sent out emails and wrote posts attacking their past customers who shared their bad experiences on mtbr.

Of course I don't speak for everyone. There are people that have gotten what they bought from beyondbikes and have had no problems. So order away and draw your own conclusions. ;)

Phil.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Prexus2005 said:
ahhh... that explains everything! they are all out riding and doing trail work instead of filling orders and running the business? thanks for the clarification. ;)

They do have cool people working there... one guy is so generous that he'll take $5 off a $400 fork when you ask for price match; another sales person gets drunk on the job then sent out emails and wrote posts attacking their past customers who shared their bad experiences on mtbr.

Of course I don't speak for everyone. There are people that have gotten what they bought from beyondbikes and have had no problems. So order away and draw your own conclusions. ;)

Phil.
I didn't say anything in regards to customer service or employee quality, I was just asserting a fact that someone had implied conversely earlier in the thread.

As for me, I use JensonUSA for my online ordering, they're fantastic. Amazon Bikes in Oceanside is a good shop and so is Bicycle Warehouse in Vista.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i would have to say go-ride.com, jensonusa.com, pricepoint.com,or wheelworld.com!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are not too hot.

They have repeatedly screwed up my orders in every way you could imagine. Also they do not call you to update you on the problems until things get really bad. Done this to me twice now. I am no longer a customer.
I don't believe in hiding behind a screen name when insulting people on the net so: Later, Evan Bennett
Beyond if you have anything to say you're welcome to call me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.