Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I took the camp about a year ago. I had both Gene and Andy as coaches. They are both incredibly knowledgeable and know what they are doing. We had all different types of riders in the camp and pretty much everybody came out of the camp much better than when they arrived.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i went to a 2 day camp held locally in nor cal. there were a number of things that i found positive about the experience:

-the coach, dylan renn, was very good at conveying concepts, and also working with people of different skill levels
-for me personally, i learned the basic concepts better from the class then online articles and books--these included: weight (heavy feet light hands), body position, vision
-the turning drills were very useful (i ended up buying some cones so that i could continue the drills afterwards) in terms of learning how to counter steer and corner properly

the camp teaches you the basics, but then you have to practice them afterwards. now, each time i go for a ride, i focus on certain elements to improve (i.e. vision, or body position, etc)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I too am looking at a 2 day camp in Bend, OR and would love any feedback on Jeff Ferrel as a coach. A little background is that I have been trying to learn how to jump more comfortably by myself and the internet and it wasn't until I took a 2 hour class by some local rippers that it began to click. 2 hours with a good instructor turned out to be far more helpful than countless hours watching videos and practicing bad technique. Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.