Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
...I read that article the other day, and it put a interesting perspective on things. Although, IMO they kinda under emphasize the memory loss effect a little bit. I'm not that smart to begin with, so I have don't many brain cells to spare.

Ordinarily, I'm not a paranoid person, but I never really liked that uneasy feeling either.

Aspirin should definetly be retired.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
the part about Advil or vitamin I tearing up your stomach is common knowledge. It also makes you p more. Years ago ibus were candy on the Ultimate scene - i would regularly take 12 a day during tournies, til i got sick of the ulcers and p'ing. I now take maybe 2 before a big ride, and 2 if I feel like I'm cracking after a few hours of riding. I find ibus to be the best for spinal aches, and occasionally to ease general muscle aches. But nothing compares to hydration and stretching, imo, for general-purpose soreness reduction. Ice packs on your knees or other localized pain works better than ibu. Pot, imo, does not relieve any pain other than a hangover - I believe its prescribed for glaucoma, chemotherapy etc. because it relieves nausea quite well. I do find the anti-depression factor can be helpful on long slogs, but that's mostly mental or psychosomatic.

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
A friend of mine…

…had a major accident that caused serious nerve and muscle damage. He was prescribed an addictive narcotic to take every four hours for the rest of his life as the only legally accepted way to alleviate his pain. After a short period of being a legal junkie and not having any memory and episodes of paranoia, he decided to try 'alternate methods'.

He employs two methods of using cannabis for pain; Cooking and vaporization.

My friend said a vaporizer heats the cannabis to a temperature where the THC vaporizes, but the cellulose material (leaf structure) doesn't burn, thereby avoiding inhalation of dangerous MMA compounds. While the vaporizer heats the cannabis enough to 'free a carbon molecule from the chain and make an active alkaloid' (my friend says this is why you heat cannabis), it doesn't all go into a vapor. He keeps the leftovers from his vaporizer and mixes in fresh to create a powdered mix for use in baked goods. He eats a small square in the morning and at night and he can sleep and not take narcotic drugs.

He still uses cannabis 'trailside' with a hand-held, flame driven vaporizer. He said it works pretty well and better than being a junkie.

Some people are still very judgmental. He used to openly explain it, but, not in this day and age…

When speaking about it, he said his doctors tell him to "continue his current pain regimen".
Truckee Trash said:
Gives a new definition to the term "safety meeting". . . Mens Journal article. I like how the photo happens to be a mtn biker.

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess if it were a legit photograph the dude would have one glove off, snot marks on the other, and have some mooch standing next to him/her who didn't have their own.

Makes me wonder how the magazine sets up the shoot. . .

Similiar to the show Weeds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts