Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stumpy FSR 29er Evo with a Fox Float 34 140 and a RP23 FLoat on the back. Right now I have Chris King hubs laced up to Pacenti DL 31's, everything rides great but I have some extra $ and am having a hard time choosing between send the shock and the fork to Push and have them do there magic or buying some carbon rims from light bicycle and having them laced up to my hubs. What do you guys think the better upgrade would be??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been riding mtb since 1990 and I think 170 lbs at 6 feet tall is about as less as I wanna weigh. So I quess your saying the rims would be your first choice for someone who has skills a plenty and is allready healty?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont dislike my rims I have now which are Pacenti DL31's, I want something better. I was on the fence when building a set of wheels and the Pacenti's got laced up instead of carbon due to $$$$, now that I have my tax return I was wanting to Push the suspension or get carbon rims. It sounds the carbon rims will make the bike handle better and make the suspension possibly feel better I dont know? I've also put a Thomson dropper on, converted to a Wolftooth 1X10 drivetrain, XX1 crank, Easton Haven carbon bars, XX shifter and rear d, XT brakes, and the best upgrade so far is the Ninner YAWYD top clamp:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I will say, I upgraded to carbon wheels and the bike definitely does handle better. hold lines better, feels better in corners too.
I mean, those are all my personal feelings toward the wheels. But I feel carbon wheels would be a great upgrade.
I got the Specialized Control 29 Carbons

·
Registered
249 Posts
With about 200 miles on the Wide Lightning wheelset I'm liking it a lot. The same tires mounted on my new rims, run at the same tire pressure, are about 1/2 inche wider.
My bike corners better, climbs better and seems to ride smoother over trail irregularities. My bike still rolls just as fast. I was concerned that the wider rims, with more rubber on the ground, might make it a little slower. But I don't detect that. I can still coast faster/farther than my friends. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.