Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '05 sunday with new pins, new lower link and a dhx. I was able to briefly elminate all play using new steel reducers from progressive and the DU bushings that came stock in the DHX. This lasted all of 12 days of riding. The play is back and I suspect the lower DU bushing is the cause. I'd like to upgrade the hardware and everyone seems to praise the BETD stuff. I was wondering if the reducers would work with the pins the sunday uses. I know the size should be 8.00x30mm, but BETD only lists bolt sizes of 6.1mm and 8.1mm for their reducers. I'm guessing 8.1x30mm would not work, but I'm not sure if things are sized a little differently than I thought. I'm definitely going to get some of their eyelet bushings, but wanted to get the steel reducers as well. Anyone tried the BETD stuff/know if it will work out?

edit - i just realized the reducers are 23x8mm which betd doesn offer. What is the best option for reducers for the sunday?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried them, but all out at the moment. I guess they're looking for a new place to have them made. I bet I could get a hold of some stainless stock and just make them. Fox only has the aluminum ones right now and progressive says they're out as well. The aluminum ones from fox are absolutely horrible. They don't even seem close to the right size. Is the size exactly 23mm with an 8.00mm I.D.? Also, what should the O.D. be? I think mine are a bit worn or I'd just measure. Thanks.

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
The sizing is 23x8mm. The OD of the reducer needs to be 1/2" to fit in the shock DU. The ID of the hole needs to be 8mm (+/- .02). The width needs to be 23mm (+/- .02). I have seen almost every vendor miss these marks and trying to hold them to it is really hard. Iron Horse jumped thru hoops to have our vendors for the shafts make them correctly and they now always hit 7.98mm.

-ska todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.