Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Ventanaphiles,
I bet I'll be the only Ventana owner representing this Sunday at DirtRag Mags 16th Annual Punk Bike Enduro! I'll be there w/my sweet El Chamuco blasting through the frozen mud and muck! This is a great event and maybe some of you may want to venture forth to Pittsburgh, Pa. this weekend? Tons of fun no matter what the conditions! If you do come, I'll be the only person on a Ventana and probably the only person wearing shorts in the freezing weather! :D

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good times fo sho!

wannabe_salty said:
Give me the low down - time/place of the event. What's on the menu?

I've been meaning to subscribe to DirtRag.
Hey wannabe_salty!
Time:11:00 AM this Sun (12/4/5)
The low down: A super fun time! The Punk Bike Enduro is an 8-10 stage race/ride throughout the Harmarville area. Each stage winner(s) garner points and there are Punks (laminated cardboard tags) hidden along the way. Punks are worth points as well, but hard to find. At the end of the day whoever has the most points wins cool stuff. The event is free and open to anybody regardless if they are a subscriber or not. Lots of people wear costumes. People come from all over the country for the event and it usually draws about 150 or so people. At many of the stages there will be a barrel of local brew available. If you don't race, the ride is more of a rolling party/social event! Everybody has a good time. After the event there is a big party w/give aways and usually a local punk band. Bring a dish to share or go hungry. Be prepared for a wet/muddy/slushy/snowy 15 to 18 mile long ride w/a lot of standing about as different stages take place (unless you race) There is a number of shallow creek crossings and plenty of climbing. If you need some directions go to: porcmtbclub.org and look under events for a link to a Google map. Hope you can make it, it is one of my "must do" events every year! :D

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Special Brownies! Yum!

wannabe_salty said:
We'll try to make it. And will bring our special brownies!!
Look me up! I like special brownies! I'll be the 6'2" guy on the red El Chamuco in shorts!!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts