Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
fiddy_ryder said:
whats the best year fo the shiver.. i know its been around a while. Tough plush fork.. but i remember hearing that a particular year of the older ones were the best..
Im gonna say the 02 Shiver.All same internals anyway. Just better stickers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I remember correct :
00 + 01 exactly the same
02 and forward same internals as 00+01 cept it got the airrelease screws on top
Diff btwn 02/03/04/05/06 ( is there a 06 Shiver? )
the 02 came with medium springs and alu steerer
03 came with heavy springs and cromo steerer
No idea as to springs and steerer material for 04/05/06
And offcourse diff. stickers and the black ano upper and lower legs on the 05

Cheers

·
fungus amongus
395 Posts
i have an 02, never ridden another shiver. i've been having problems with it so i plan on packaging it up for next season

·
where's the kick stand?
674 Posts
I ride an 04, but its been really messed up (I bought it used and kinda got screwed) but its going to get rebuilt sometime after x-mas, so then it will ride better hopefully.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
madmax said:
I ride an 04, but its been really messed up (I bought it used and kinda got screwed) but its going to get rebuilt sometime after x-mas, so then it will ride better hopefully.
hilikus said:
i have an 02, never ridden another shiver. i've been having problems with it so i plan on packaging it up for next season
rebuilding a Shiver is really easy...most the time just changing the oil the fork feels bran new....A friend picked up a Shiver and the thing and he said it was complete garbage....I changed the oil and set it up and Now you can't believe the difference....send it in to Marzs and have it serviced and it will seem like a bran new fork....without any seals or anything else it will run you around 50 bucks...like I said usually an oil change is all it needs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.