Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XC CONVERT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time racer.

I was thinking Racing ralph or Explorer Pro on the front with either a Python Light, Twister Pro, or Kenda Karma on the back?

Any advice is welcome ....Thanks

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
R U preriding the course?

wet3rd said:
First time racer.

I was thinking Racing ralph or Explorer Pro on the front with either a Python Light, Twister Pro, or Kenda Karma on the back?

Any advice is welcome ....Thanks
This wil really help you determine what to use. The reason i say this is that they change the course for each race and the conditions cahnge a long with the course enough to warrent using different tires. When i race the Am Cups ifound that tires like the explorer pro 2.1 and the hutch python 2.0 worked. But i lost some traction with te python mainly becasue i made most of my time on the descents and tech flat bits..

·
XC CONVERT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jrm said:
This wil really help you determine what to use. The reason i say this is that they change the course for each race and the conditions cahnge a long with the course enough to warrent using different tires. When i race the Am Cups ifound that tires like the explorer pro 2.1 and the hutch python 2.0 worked. But i lost some traction with te python mainly becasue i made most of my time on the descents and tech flat bits..
I don't have time to pre-ride the course and then change tyres.....I'll be lucky if I get time to pre-ride at all.

From my experience (hardpack and sand), I prefer the Kenda Karma to the Python Light on the Rear....not really sure about the front though and the general terrain in Big Bear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.