Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now wr rollin on a Boom!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm trying to sell a Niner frame on Fleabay, and I've now gotten 3 requests for shipping estimates to other countries-- Holland, S. Africa, and Canada.

So I went on the UPS site and came up with some pretty staggering quotes: $650-Holland,
$230-Canada, $1700 (!) to S. Africa. I walked up to the UPS store on the corner and got these numbers confirmed. Yikes.

Anyone have experience sending a frame out of the country? I've been told the largish dimensions of the box are what kills it for UPS. The weight for a stoutly packed SIR9 frame will still be only about 12 lbs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
--James
a

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Its not the weight

archtop44 said:
Hi all, I'm trying to sell a Niner frame on Fleabay, and I've now gotten 3 requests for shipping estimates to other countries-- Holland, S. Africa, and Canada.

So I went on the UPS site and came up with some pretty staggering quotes: $650-Holland,
$230-Canada, $1700 (!) to S. Africa. I walked up to the UPS store on the corner and got these numbers confirmed. Yikes.

Anyone have experience sending a frame out of the country? I've been told the largish dimensions of the box are what kills it for UPS. The weight for a stoutly packed SIR9 frame will still be only about 12 lbs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
--James
a
if you dont ship overseas using a service that offers delivery confirmation the buyer can say they never got it and demand their money back b/c you used ebay and paypal.

Go edit your listing so that it reads that your not willing to ship overseas. And if someone cfrom overseas asks you to ship to a stateside address then make sure the address is paypal verifed b4 you ship. Its all about covering your ass

·
Now wr rollin on a Boom!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jrm said:
if you dont ship overseas using a service that offers delivery confirmation the buyer can say they never got it and demand their money back b/c you used ebay and paypal.

Go edit your listing so that it reads that your not willing to ship overseas. And if someone cfrom overseas asks you to ship to a stateside address then make sure the address is paypal verifed b4 you ship. Its all about covering your ass
Oh Ho, very interesting.... thanks for the heads-up.
What an annoying scam.

·
Now wr rollin on a Boom!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm. Yeah it's starting to sound that way, alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.