Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I looked on the PAS board and it says to take exit 40 but it looks like that might be better if you were traveling from a northern direction. I'll be coming from Greenville, SC. Should I take exit 33 instead? stay on highway 191 and look for North Mills road on the left?

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I am still thinking of the I-26 exits the way they used to be. Okay, thanks!! :D I am excited about the trip.
Mater what you suggested pretty much matches what we were going to do except you added on Bear Branch. Thanks for you help

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here's the best way.

Take exit 33. Head east. Go into Bent Creek. Park at Rice Pinacle parking lot in BC. Ride up Wolf Branch, up Ingles Field Gap and up North Boundary Road, ride down Greenslick, down gravel road, turn right on Lower Sidehill, stay on it till you hit the gravel road, turn right, ride up the gravel, under the Parkway, down a little, right on Spender Gap, left on Trace Ridge, you'll come out on what could be called a North Mills trail head, formally known as Trace Ridge trail head.

Doesn't get much better :thumbsup:

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a great time riding Thursday! We rode over 24 miles with doing the PAS suggested route and missing a turn....it wouldn't be Pisgah if we didn't miss a turn. When it says to turn left onto Spencer, the trail sign at the front says Somethingortheother Knob. If you go 10 yards onto the trail you can see the sign for Spencer but we had to figure that out after we took the forest service road up to the Parkway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.