Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
I've found that most of the Gt bikes come with a super long post. Better too long than not long enough.
Pipe cutter works great! And its a good idea to smooth out the inside after cutting with a round file or some sand paper. It will be gnarley sharp after the pipe cutter.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Depending on the material of the post or the wall thickness, a pipe cutter isn't the best choice. Keep it simple and use a hacksaw, smoothing the end out with a file afterwards.

For your purposes it really doesn't matter how straight the cut is, so you don't have to be a perfectionist.

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
get a pipe cutter of hacksaw and when you're done file or sand it down so you don't tear up your seat tube or get binding when you try to adjust it.

also make sure that the seatpost still enters the seat tube deep enough so it's below the top tube.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Pick up a beaver. Hold him tight by the scruff of his neck, then yank on his tail once or twice. Instant chainsaw action!!!!

Honestly though, I use a Dremel tool to cut **** like this. Greatest ****ing investment of my life.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
hpi savage guy said:
- Chevy
- Marines
- Tastes great
- PC
- Coca-Cola
- Blonds
- Magnum XXLs

Things that men do, drink and use!:thumbsup:
Marines....Department of the Navy:eek:
Miller Lite tastes great??? hmmm:rolleyes:
oh and, yes I'm now relegated to a PC after my Mac Book Pro got stolen off my front porch in less than 30 seconds:madmax: :madmax: :madmax:
(I loved that machine)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.